Fresh Bread From the Bread Guy

Fresh Bread From the Bread Guy
Find us at our new location on Madero at Constitucion, one block north of the Parque VelascoOpen daily 8-230 except Sunday

Thursday, April 17, 2008

La Michoacan


Diane sent me to find fish heads so she can make gefilte fish for this weekend. I did the matzoh already and a chocolate fallen souffle cake that will be topped with fresh strawberries sprinkled with some orange liqeur. The Bravo open air market at Guillermo Prieto and Nicholas Bravo has three fish stalls plus excellent butchers and greengrocers. While there, I stopped by for a quart of fruit salad topped with yogurt, honey and granola and for myself, a hot Torta at la Micoacan. Too bad it's Thursday, because on Wednesdays its 2 x 1. You can have roasted pork by the kilo, or in a taco, burrito or torta.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Before gaining control of my life, I created pastries for some cool places in California: San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, Brix Restaurant in Napa and The Lodge in Sonoma. Now I am the chef/owner of Pan D' Les bakery in La Paz. My personal favorite is the Multigrano loaf, full of crunchy seeds and a nice chewy crust.