Fresh Bread From the Bread Guy

Fresh Bread From the Bread Guy
Find us at our new location on Madero at Constitucion, one block north of the Parque VelascoOpen daily 8-230 except Sunday

Monday, January 26, 2009

The best and worst of 2008

First of all, please forgive me for not writing sooner. The bakery has been unusually busy, and as I have no helpers, just a few elves now and then, I haven't had a moment to collect my thoughts and transfer them to eating through la paz.

I haven't stopped eating, though, so I thought my first post of 2009 should be a recap of what my favorite eating spots were and still are.

For breakfast we still hands down love La Fonda. The red sauce has changed from what we enjoyed to something not as good but all else remains constant, including Sylvia, our server.

Click here to re read about La Fonda
http://eatingthroughlapaz.blogspot.com/2008/07/our-favorite-place-for-breakfast-three.html

Lunch was much harder to choose, but after all is said and done, La Paisa wins. Diane and I have been back several times and particularly enjoy the intensity of effort brought to each dish.

AS FAR AS the winner of the dirty spoon award is concerned, it doesn't really matter, since they are closed and gone.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Before gaining control of my life, I created pastries for some cool places in California: San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, Brix Restaurant in Napa and The Lodge in Sonoma. Now I am the chef/owner of Pan D' Les bakery in La Paz. My personal favorite is the Multigrano loaf, full of crunchy seeds and a nice chewy crust.